Friday, March 9, 2007

Fiction Affliction

Okay, so maybe this post isn't about a work of fiction, but it's about an affliction related to fiction. I have been working so many hours that I haven't been getting a decent dosage of fiction in my life. Of course the more important things that are being neglected are quality time with my hubby, sleep, nutrition, exercise, sanity ... But indulging in fiction contributes to my sanity and I'm just tired and overworked and suffering fiction withdrawals. Some days I wish I could just win the lottery and then I could spend all my time reading, watching films, painting, studying all the interesting things I don't have time to do now.

Rambling now. Mother-in-law is downstairs doing my dishes because I haven't been home to do any chores and of course the hubby doesn't do dishes if I'm not home making him feel guilty about it. Of course mother-in-law doing dishes makes me feel extremely guilty - like a bad wife and daughter-in-law and Asian woman rolled into one. My house is a pigsty lately, by the way. Of course I don't feel like cleaning when I get home from working for 14 hours. And now I must go to sleep to get up early and administer the SAT exam because I cannot say no when someone asks me to do something. I love that there's this virtual space for me to vent because it's not like I can vent to my husband who is upset with me for working so many hours to begin with - not going to find any sympathy there.

Wish my life were more like fiction sometimes. But don't we all?

No comments: